taught by Roberto Caporuscio
Learn the art form of Neapolitan pizza making by Roberto Caporuscio. Our 10 hour course is for professional pizza makers, as well as pizza lovers who want to learn how to make great pizza at home. The basics to make a great pizza is the same at any level.
• Introduction to the Neapolitan pizza and APN (Association of Neapolitan Pizza Makers)
• Discussion of the types of ingredients for making pizza dough, flour, yeast, water, and salt.
• Proper fermenting techniques, timing & storage for yeast
• What types of flour you should use? When to use high or low protein flours.
• Caring for your starter/mother dough.
• Proper dough mixing, ball forming and storage techniques.
• Proper dough ball and stretching techniques.
• Proper proofing and retarding techniques.
• Overview of the other components of pizza, Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Cheese, Herbs and Spices.
• Putting on the right combinations of toppings and the proper amount of toppings
• Proper equipment selection: Ovens, Mixers, Tables, Etc.
• How to properly heat and clean your oven.
• Baking of the pizza correctly (temperature, timing and proper placement in the oven
• Beer and/or Wine Tastings at the end of each day